Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Chief of Operations, COO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 depending on experience.
Benefits: Group health plan, generous holidays, and PTO
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Job Posting Closes: March 17, 2023
Organizational Mission Statement:
Prepare American athletes to win Olympic and Paralympic medals, promote the shooting sports throughout the U.S., and govern the conduct of international shooting in the country.
USA Shooting (USAS) is currently looking for a dynamic full-time individual who is passionate about the Olympic Shooting Sports. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter with excellent organization and communication skills. The candidate should be well versed in accounting duties and have a working knowledge of financial / HR duties. The Staff Accountant will assist in the preparation and maintenance of financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for managing the records and files for all contracts and Memorandums of Understandings (MOU). Additional responsibilities will be delegated to further the overall strategic development of USA Shooting.
Coordinates & Interacts With:
- USA Shooting staff and coaches
- USA Shooting contracted remote accounting firm
- United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee
- USA Shooting members and volunteers.
- USA Shooting Board of Directors & Board Financial Chair.
- Other outside organizations and/or venues regarding USA Shooting.
- Additional USA Shooting Stakeholders
Duties / Responsibilities
- Receives and processes all cash receipts. Prepares daily bank deposits and posts transactions to the general ledger.
- Prepares invoices and monitors accounts receivable balances. Sends customer statements monthly.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Helps close the books monthly in collaboration with the contracted third-party accounting firm.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Assists third party accounting firm with filling tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Manages sales tax fillings and assists the organization with keeping up to date on required USOPC Insurance coverages.
- The Staff Accountant will be responsible for managing the records and files for all organizational contracts and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs).
- Assists the COO in HR-related tasks, such as onboarding, offboarding, benefits and record keeping.
- Finds creative solutions to challenges that arise, with fiscal responsibility in mind.
- Contributes to staff meetings and brainstorming sessions to better the organization’s overall mission.
- Assists in additional responsibilities as delegated to further the organization’s overall strategic development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- Proficient in accounting software: QuickBooks, NetSuite, etc.
- Computer literacy and the ability to learn new software technologies are required.
- Ability to work independently and with modest supervision.
- Positive customer service skills in dealing with USAS stakeholders.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to correctly assist in the preparation of tax reports.
Education and Experience:
- College degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- At least two years of related experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 15 lbs.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Occasional extended workdays
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. USA Shooting, a National Governing Body of the USOPC (United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee), is an equal opportunity employer.